|Job Title||Inventory Control Clerk|
Under the direction of the Inventory Control Manager, the Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for maintaining inventory control records and restock supplies (office and medical) and to perform tasks associated with receiving, stocking, storing, transacting, counting and delivering of supplies, materials and equipment needed for the daily operation of Superior Air Ground Ambulance and its subsidiaries.
- Possess computer skills with working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, electronically inclined and have product knowledge.
Expectation of the Position:
- Excellence & Competence
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Label, package, identify and count received items as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies at all locations/stations in IL and IN to ensure all ambulance and IMC vehicles are fully stocked as appropriate for the vehicle type and EMS system.
- Assist with developing a system to account for physical inventory and usage at all locations
- Work with Purchasing Director and field managers to create a system to manage inventory and ensure adequate supplies, use of preferred vendors, and standard shipping whenever possible.
- Perform accurate physical inventory counts as per established schedule.
- Maintain accurate equipment maintenance and repair history for all medical equipment.
- Assist with HAZMAT compliance.
- Assist with developing list of standard supplies and inventory levels for all locations/stations in IL and IN and monitor routinely to ensure levels are within established standards.
- Expedite open purchase orders.
- Ensure that stockroom is neat, clean, organized and accurate at all times.
- Physically receive, and deliver all incoming supplies and equipment to various work stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer skills, comfortable with Excel and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills and an eye for details.
- Product knowledge.
- Good customer service attitude.
- Motivated, self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in Inventory Control and warehousing.
- High School diploma; some college preferred.
- Familiarity with inventory control systems.
- The candidate must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Healthcare experience a plus but not required.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to routinely life and carry items up to 75 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Must be able to operate basic material handling devices.
For the first three or four months, the chosen candidate must be willing to work out of our Highland, IN location. Afterwards, they will be transferred to and permanently work out of our Headquarters in Elmhurst, IL.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D