|Job Title||Customer Service - Medical Billing|
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
Customer Service Representative:
Responsible for answering telephone calls from patients and facilities regarding billing and collections concerns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Field incoming calls from patients and responsible parties regarding payment for services rendered.
- File and maintain paperwork
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with patients/guarantor in order to obtain accurate information.
- Collecting outstanding balances on accounts and making collection judgements according to company policy.
- Keep open lines of communication with both internal and external customers allowing issues to be resolved with little or no conflict.
- Completes all internal and external customer requests within 48 hours.
- Demonstrates knowledge & compliance with insurance, local, state and federal regulations related to ambulance billing.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Healthcare knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Ability to “Multi-task” and handle fair amount of stress when busy.
- Experience working a busy office environment.
- Basic knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurances.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Computer literate.
- Typing of at least 45 WPM is highly desired.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and forward appropriate complaints from employees, customers, agencies, facilities and hospitals.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D