|Job Title||Driver-Courier 3rd Shift|
|Department||Mobile Health Services|
This is a 3rd shift position, 10 PM-6 AM.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
Medical Couriers are responsible for safe packaging and delivery of medical equipment, medical records, lab specimens, supplies, X-Rays, etc. as an important part of patient care too hospitals, clinics, labs and nursing homes. Pick-ups and deliveries organized with direct communication to/from Dispatch in providing our clients the excellent customer service our company provides. Processes paper work for deliveries, insuring proper billing information and documentation tracking.
Must be available for 2 day of orientation (8-5PM) on a Monday,Tuesday in order to be considered. 2nd shift available.
Full time during the week with availability for weekend work. Also Part time weekend work available.
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently and interact with others
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Chicago and Suburban Areas
- Ability to lift a maximum of 75lbs
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle, track and process specimen samples
- Pick-up supplies and equipment for hospital
- Provide appropriate documentation, paperwork, reports
- Exposure to infectious biological specimens experienced on a daily basis*
- Ability to read a map and follow instruction/directions
- Knowledge of Xcelerator Software Desireable
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Healthcare experience a plus but not required.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have High School diploma or GED required, some college preferred.
- Familiarity with medical transportation preferred.
- Be able to routinely lift and carry items up to 75 lbs. and reach overhead.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D