|Job Title||Critical Care Transport Paramedic|
|Department||Critical Care Transport|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
While operating under the regulations set forth in the EMS Act and the standards of care established by the protocols for the Critical Care Division, the Critical Care Transport Paramedic will provide care and treatment of chronically or acutely ill and/or injured patients transported by Superior Air Ground Ambulance Service, Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high quality care to patients in the transport environment under the direction of the Program Medical Director and the referring and/or receiving Physician in accordance with Critical Care policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Autonomously evaluate critically ill or injured patients of all age groups (pediatric through adult), provide therapeutic intervention, emergency interventions, and preparation for transport (via ground or helicopter) from hospitals or accident scenes.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, including their Critical Care Nurse partner, drivers, coworkers, leadership, other healthcare partners and customers.
- Assess for and detect changes in the status of patients and demonstrate a proactive approach to solving patient and family problems.
- Plan, organize and position equipment and supplies for use in emergency conditions before, during and after transport.
- Maintain complete and accurate records, participate in quality assurance programs, perform data collection and participate in any special projects.
- Maintain clinical proficiency across all aspects of the Critical Care Division’s scope of practice including care of patients with neurological emergencies, cardiac emergencies, pediatric emergencies, obstetrical emergencies, traumatic emergencies, and any other patient populations transported by the Critical Care Division.
- Perform all physical requirements of job in confined spaces and under adverse environmental conditions.
- Complete transports initiated with in the timeframe of the scheduled shift, understanding that completion of these transports might require extend beyond normal work hours.
- Participation in all required didactic, clinical and lab education programs and maintenance of all required certifications and licenses.
- Maintain clinical competency in all critical care procedures and equipment, including but not limited to ventilators, IV pumps, dopplers, chest tubes, hemodynamic monitoring, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, ventricular assist devices, Impella cardiac assist devices, transcutaneous/transvenous pacers, external ventricular drains, and advanced airway management.
- Complete and maintain currency in all areas of safety education as required by Superior Ambulance, Metro Aviation, Inc., and other healthcare partners.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, other Superior Ambulance staff and Critical Care administration. Represents the CCT program and Superior Ambulance in a professional manner.
- Minimum 2 years of ALS experience
- State EMT-P License
- AHA BLS Certification
- National Registry Paramedic
- ACLS, PALS, NRP, & Trauma (PHTLS, ITLS) Certification
- FEMA Certifications (100,200,700,800,HazMat)
- CCEMTP Certification or completion of CCP course with 12 hrs CCT CE annually
- Critical Care Transport Board Certification (FP-C or CCP-C)
- Experience managing ventilators, IV pumps, & chest tubes
- Leadership experience (e.. FTO, PIC, Preceptor, Supervisor)
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
EXPECTATIONS FOR FURTHER TRAINING (SPONSORED)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP, Trauma (PHTLS or ITLS), & FEMA (100,200,700,800,HazMat) Certifications
- System entry into local EMS System
- Expanded Scope ALS Training Program
- Critical Care Paramedic Training Program (CCP or CCEMTP)
- Critical Care Continuing Education
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D