|Job Title||EMS Education Coordinator|
|Reports to||Brian Melville|
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
The Educational Coordinator works directly under the Director of Education assisting with New Hire Orientation classes. The Ed Coordinator is responsible for planning, scheduling, and instructing the new hire orientation classes, as well as scheduling guest speakers/instructors for the class.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and management of the curriculum and materials for orientation classes.
- Administers and interprets employee vaccinations and tuberculin skin tests.
- Participates in the remediation of current employees.
- Instructs new employees on proper procedures for lifting patients, driving and maintaining ambulances, and other job related responsibilities for new hires.
- Instructs new employees in HIPPA, OSHA, and other related areas.
- Collects and grades class paperwork.
- Records and keeps records of new employee class performance.
- Fulfills any other duties as assigned by managerial staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Needs to be personable with good organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fluid environment and demonstrate improvisational skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, and other related areas.
- Should be well versed in company policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook.
- Keeps a flexible schedule in order to be available when needed.
- Must be able to present information to adult learners in a controlled environment.
- Knowledgeable and able to demonstrate the mechanics of proper lifting, driving and maintaining ambulances, CPR, reporting, and other job related responsibilities for EMT’s and Paramedics.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- State licensed EMT-B or EMT- Paramedic
- Ability to demonstrate and lead all aspects of the EMT/Paramedic job
- CPR Instructor
- Superior Employee Preferred
- State lead instructor
- BTLS/PHTLS certification
- HAZMAT Awareness certification
- PEPP certification
- GEMS certification
- ACLS certification
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D