|Job Title||Medicar Orientation Specialist|
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct orientation students on how to properly read the IMC and Superior official maps.
- Responsible for the instruction of CPR for Superior employees and external contracts.
- Responsible for the instruction of “The Van Driver 3” course.
- Conduct instruction of company history as well as the role of Medi-Car operators.
- Conduct instruction of IMC time keeping computer system and correct procedure of calling the dispatch office.
- Conduct instruction of IMC vehicle inspection procedure concerning the safety lane, city, and state licenses.
- Responsible for the instruction of the Transporting Passenger with Special Needs course.
- Responsible for the instruction of the First S.T.E.P.S. course with 77 IMC drivers certified to date. This course teaches, tests, and certifies all new operators;
- Conduct the Sur-Lock Tie downs lecture, as well as hands on instruction. This instruction shows operators how to properly secure a wheelchair using a 5-point placement of the wheel chair for the safety of the passenger.
- Orange Belt and seat belt policy: instruct all drivers on how to properly secure the passenger to the wheelchair using a wheelchair seatbelt and orange safety belt.
- Conduct Medi-Car lift operations lecture and hands on instruction. This course teaches students how to raise and lower the lift, properly load passenger in a wheelchair, and how to properly use walking aids (walks/canes).
- Present and teach instructions for IMC radio communications call procedures, and how to operate their pagers and make contact over the radio; such as received pages, on scene, transporting, and call cleared.
- Instruct on the details of dispatch time and show operators the amount of calls IMC dispatchers receive. Also, give instructions how they’re dispatched out and how they’re monitored.
- Instruct the orientation students on how to perform vehicle checkouts and blue pouch procedures. Also, how to obtain the vehicles that are assigned to them and where to pick up their blue pouch which contains their keys, insurance, and registration.
- Instruct orientation students in field driving because each new driver must successfully drive through residential, industrial, and interstate streets. Securing each other using a 5-point tie down system. They also have to load and unload their cargo then properly use the lift. When completed the instructor will provide the students with lunch for the day.
- Present and instruct the new employees in the final practical which includes a mock call. The students pull into a confirmed area, pick up a passenger, obtain proper paper work, and back out the same area in which they have entered.
- Responsible for handling new employee forms and delivering them to the appropriate office. Also responsible for preparing a room for the new employee’s luncheon.
- Responsible for the creation and/or modification of PowerPoint presentations.
Ideal candidate will have experience in Medi-car; EMT-B license a plus. Demonstrated experience in a leadership/training role highly preferred. Must possess the level of maturity required to lead a group. Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills required along with strong presentation/public speaking skills. Should have strong knowledge of MS Office.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D