|Job Title||EMT-B Student Apprentice Class*|
|Location||Warren, MI*||*Position is based out of Warren, MI|
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc.
We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven candidates to join the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Industry. We are offering an on-site 10 week EMT-B Student Apprentice Program [Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm] that will educate students and prepare them to challenge the National Registry Exam and become a Michigan Licensed EMT. All students will be paid to attend the class and all materials are covered by Superior Ambulance Service (SAS). Upon receiving their Michigan EMT license, the student will be hired as a full time employee, receive a pay increase and be required to complete a one year [12 months] commitment of continuous full time employment. There is NO cost for the selected students to attend the class unless they are unable to complete the one year of employment after licensure.
- Class Dates: October 28, 2019 through January 2, 2020
- Class will be in session through the Holidays
- Class Duration: 10 weeks
- Class Meets: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Class Location: 2000 Centerwood Drive, Warren, MI 48091 (Warren Station)
- *OPTION – in lieu of the one year commitment of full time employment, the candidate may have the option of paying for the Class. This type of candidate will not be paid to attend the Class
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid "Enhanced Driver's License" or Passport. If not, must able to obtain an “Enhanced D.L.” before the end of the first month of class.
- Must have a good driving record and provide a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from the Secretary of State Office at the initial interview.
- Must pass the Criminal Background Check.
- Must pass the Physical, MRO Drug Screen, Lift Test at (137.50 lbs.).
- Must provide documents that establish identity and employment authorization (e.g. Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or Passport).
- Must provide Immunization Record (specifically the Hepatitis B Series).
- Must be able to attend the required 5 days a week for 10 weeks. MANDATORY
- Must be able to commit to one year of full time employment upon receiving their EMT Michigan license. Exiting the company before the completion of the one year will require reimbursement to SAS for the class.
- Applicants will be required to take a Pre-placement Assessment that will help determine their acceptance into class.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D