|Job Title||EMS Instructor*|
|Location||Walworth, WI*||*Position is based out of Walworth, WI|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and Michigan. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
The EMS Instructor works directly under the Education Manager. The EMS Instructor is responsible for planning, scheduling and instructing in-house EMT-B classes and New Hire Orientation classes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and management of the curriculum and materials for EMT-B classes.
- Instructs EMT Apprentices on proper procedures for lifting patients, driving and maintaining ambulances and other job related responsibilities for EMTs.
- Instructs in HIPPA, OSHA and other related areas.
- Schedules Guest Speakers.
- Collects and grades class paperwork.
- Records and keeps records of student performance.
- Fulfills any other duties as assigned by managerial staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Needs to be personable with good organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fluid environment and demonstrate improvisational skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA and other related areas.
- Should be well versed in company policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook.
- Keeps a flexible schedule in order to be available when needed.
- Must be able to present information to adult learners in a controlled environment.
- Knowledgeable and able to demonstrate the mechanics of proper lifting, driving and maintaining ambulances, CPR, reporting and other job related responsibilities for EMT’s and Paramedics.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- State licensed EMT-B or EMT-Paramedic
- State of Michigan Licensed Instructor
- Ability to demonstrate and lead all aspects of the EMT/Paramedic job
- CPR Instructor
Preferred: BTLS/PHTLS certification; HAZMAT Awareness certification; PEPP certification; GEMS certification; ACLS certification
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D