|Job Title||Accounts Receivable Scanner Clerk*|
|Location||Warren, MI||*Position is based out of Warren, MI|
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
Customer Service Representative:
Entry level Scanning/Medical Billing Clerk position. These responsibilities may lead to opportunities of advancement into a career path of Medical Coding or other Billing related activity based upon the employee's performance, and competency over the course of time which will continually be evaluated. This is a Part Time position (25 hours per week).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scan, File and maintain paperwork for the Corporate Billing Department.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with patients/guarantor in order to obtain accurate information when applicable.
- Completes all internal and external customer requests within 48 hours.
- Demonstrates knowledge & compliance with insurance, local, state and federal regulations related to ambulance billing.
- Must be able to drive to stations/facilities everyday.
- Insurance Verifications.
- Return Mail Processing.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Knowledge of Medical Billing/Coding beneficial.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record.
- Healthcare knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Ability to “Multi-task” and handle fair amount of stress when busy.
- Experience working a busy office environment.
- Basic knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurances beneficial.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Computer literate.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D