|Job Title||Cash Applications Representative*|
|Location||Elmhurst, IL*||*Position is based out of Elmhurst, IL|
|Department||Paramedic Billing Services|
AR Cash Applications Representative
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
This position involves heavy data entry with a lot of basic math and checking of work. Person will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of daily deposits made to our bank. The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail; good ability to focus; speed and accuracy in data entry/accounting work. Daily balancing of deposits is required. Must be a team player and be able to cross-train on other payment types.
- Post payments to respective patient accounts (Superior private/insurance, Illinois Medicar private/insurance, Medicare, Public Aid, Railroad, and Collection Agency).
- Balance all payments that were posted on a daily basis.
- File and maintain paperwork pursuant to Cash Application.
- Research payments based on request of department staff.
- Post and balance refunds when needed.
- Perform the clerical duties of other Cash Applications clerks when needed, as well as in other sections of Accounts Receivable when needed.
- Fulfill any other related duties, as assigned by managerial or supervisory staff.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic licensed preferred; any previous accounting data entry and/or medical billing, processing, or coding experience desired.
- Computer literate, proficient in Word and Excel applications, and good keyboard and calculator typing skills (minimum 30 WPM, with a focus on accuracy).
- Must have a good understanding of basic mathematical operations, as well as the ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have good problem solving abilities.
- Possess good organizational skills.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D