|Job Title||Emergency Medical Call Taker (Dispatcher*)*|
|Location||Warren, MI*||*Position is based out of Warren, MI|
|Department||Communications Dispatch Center|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Emergency Medical Call Taker (Dispatcher)
This position is responsible for answering and entering into the system all phone, electronic, or faxed requests for emergent and non-emergent transportation by ambulance and NEV. In addition to providing service to hospitals, nursing facilities, and private individuals, this position is responsible for answering 911 calls for the areas serviced by Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service. Emergency Medical Call Takers provide pleasant and professional service at all times, and perform tasks accurately and efficiently to provide exemplary customer service.
*All new employees in the Communications Center begin at the Call Taker level. Based on an employee’s level of interest, experience, and open positions, an individual has the opportunity to advance to dispatch training and into available dispatcher positions after the completion of their initial training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer, screen, and direct calls for entire company
- Receive and enter incoming emergent and non-emergent calls from police and fire agencies, hospitals, nursing facilities and private individuals.
- Distinguish the need for emergency transportation
- Pre-arrange transport for facilities while determining the level of care needed for the patients
- Arrange specialty and critical care transportation
- Provide information and assistance for customer service inquires as needed
- Communicate with multiple departments and EMS personnel
- Direct calls to Flight desk as appropriate
- Learn policies and procedures for individual facilities/contracts and recognize when to apply them
- Provide supportive information to customers to assist them in arranging appropriate transport
- Deal with sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
- Develop effective solutions for customer service issues
- Be able to work in a shift-work environment with variable hours of work and schedule over the course of typical work year
- Be reliable, and highly dependable in reporting for work on time and as scheduled, on a consistent basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certification - Preferred
- High School Diploma
- Pleasant, professional phone manner
- Detail oriented
- Typing skills of 30 wpm or better
- Ability to excel in high-stress environment
- Adapt to frequently changing policies
- Medical background or knowledge of medical terminology a plus
- Previous experience in public safety communications/dispatch preferred
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D